Sunday Coordinator Schedule for 2019-2020 Season
|October 20, 2019||1||Cloverdale||Cloverdale 1 & 2|
|October 27, 2019||2||Cloverdale||Cloverdale 1 & 2|
|November 3, 2019||3||Cloverdale||Peace Arch 1|
|November 24, 2019||4||Cloverdale||Langley 1|
|December 1, 2019||5||Port Moody||Port Moody 1|
|December 15, 2019||6||Cloverdale||Royal City 1 & 2|
|January 5, 2020||7||Cloverdale||Delta 2|
|January 19, 2020||8||Cloverdale||Peace Arch 2|
|January 26, 2020||9||Cloverdale||Golden Ears 1 & 2|
|February 9, 2020||10||Cloverdale||Langley 2|
|February 23, 2020||11||Port Moody||Port Moody 3|
|March 1, 2020||12||Cloverdale||Royal City 1 & 2|
|March 7, 2020||Semis||Cloverdale||Delta 1|
|March 8, 2020||Finals||Cloverdale||Delta 3|
SUNDAY COORDINATORS – DIVISIONS 2, 3, 4
(Updated: October 20, 2019)
- 11:00 am: Get Optimist table from stairwell, behind white cupboard. Set up table in foyer beside rear stairwell. Watch for slivers.
- Get items from “OJI” cupboard at far end of meeting room, to the left of the stairs on upper floor. You will need to get: banners, box of albums, Sunday Coordinator white binder, cigar box, magnetic numbers and box of sports bags.
- Spread items out on table: some albums, Season Game Schedules handouts, Calendar handouts, Spares Needed/Available sheet, list of coaches & coordinators, news items, posters and any other needed items.
- Put team names on white grease boardbeside Sheet 2, under appropriate sheets. Copies of schedule are in white binder. Do two divisions at a time.
- Pens, erasers, markers and magnetic labels are in small cigar “Materials” box.
- Fill out game Score sheets(blanks are in white binder)
- Fill out all yellow sections: division sponsor, block sponsor, sheet, team name, win/loss points (found at left of team names on Schedule sheets for each quarter)
- As teams arrive, have them see you as a group at table.
- Get names (proper spelling) and team role. Reconfirm that Thirds will fill out score sheet and return to desk after game. Speak with kids about how things are going in OJI.
- Ask if any spares are here from their group, and if any are needed. If so, put on sheet for “Spares Needed/Available”
- Any teams that are not seen before games begin will have their information recorded at the ice.
- Once all players names are on sheet, leave at bench behind sheet, along with pencil. Thirds will fill out their scores and sign at end of game.
- Draft agenda for Coaches Meeting. Examples are in the white binder under “Coaches Meeting”.
- After last meeting of the day, file agenda, with the date, at front of “Coaches Meeting” section of binder.
- 30 minutes after games begin: Call meeting to begin immediately for all Coordinators at table. Invite from upstairs & downstairs. Thank everyone for attending promptly.
- Curlers play minimum of six ends or play to the bell. Coach Etiquette: Use your imagination if the score appears to be getting out of hand.
- Ring bell after 1 hour, 40 minutes for Div. 2 & Div. 3; 1 hour, 20 minutes for Div. 4.
- Ask lady in gift shop, or icemaker to buzz the bell. Otherwise, you will have to verbally announce to each sheet when the time comes.
- If the Third or Skip rocks are being thrown when the bell rings, they complete the end they are playing plus one more end. If the Lead or Second rocks are being thrown, they complete that end only.
- Get Score sheets from Third of winning team. Ensure both Thirds have signed and scores are on sheet.
- Fill out two copies of Season Game Schedules. Keep one and leave one in binder, along with game Score sheets and Coaches Meeting Agenda.
- Beside team name, enter win/lose/tie points earned under “Pts”. Add to previous total score for new “Total”.
- Win/lose/tie points are listed to the left of that quarter session on sheet.
- Post new total scores on magnetic letter board in hallway to front of café.
- Magnetic numbers are in small clear plastic box.
- Repeat steps 4-12 for next division.
- Remind everyone that OJI does not have a Lost & Found.
- Pack up boxes and return to OJI cupboard. Dismantle table and return to behind white cupboard in stairwell. Watch for slivers.
- Email game scores and updated team standings on Season Game Schedule to the following:
- Include a picture of each score sheet at full resolution.
Note: RULES OF PLAY on Separate OJI pages; PROTOCOL on Separate OJI page